Article 192. Suspension of a county government
(1) The President may suspend a county government--
(a) in an emergency arising out of internal conflict or war;
(b) in any other exceptional circumstances.
(2) A county government shall not be suspended under clause (1) (b) unless an independent commission of inquiry has investigated allegations against the county government, the President is satisfied that the allegations are justified and the Senate has authorised the suspension.
(3) During a suspension under this Article, arrangements shall be made for the performance of the functions of a county government in accordance with an Act of Parliament.
(4) The Senate may at any time terminate the suspension.
(5) A suspension under this Article shall not extend beyond a period of ninety days.
(6) On the expiry of the period provided for under clause (5), elections for the relevant county government shall be held.
Back to Part
Back to Chapter
Table of Contents